My husband is obsessed with brisket. As in, he bought FIVE this St. Patrick’s Day season. FIVE. Who needs that many brisket?! Apparently we do. With so much brisket, I needed to come up with something more creative then just a crock pot dinner or sandwiches. This is a pretty neat twist on the classic.
- 10 oz. sauerkraut
- 1/3 c. Thousand island dressing
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls
- 6-8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 package of corned beef lunch meat- enough to cover a layer
- 1 egg
- Trader Joe’s “Everything Bagel Seasoning”
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 9×13 pan and unroll your first tube of crescent rolls in the pan. Pinch seams together to make one full sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine sauerkraut and thousand island dressing. Put to the side.
- Lay half of your Swiss cheese on baked crust. Spread sauerkraut mixture over top. Layer with corned beef and another layer of cheese.
- Open second tube of crescent rolls. Pinch seams and place over top of Swiss cheese layer. This can be done by using a rolling pin.
- Beat egg and brush over top. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning and bake 22-24 extra minutes.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting! Enjoy!