When it comes to grilling a perfect burger, I know I can count on my husband to pull through. Even in the winter, he utilizes the cast iron in a way I don’t completely understand. Somehow these burgers are even better than the outdoor grill.
Burgers are also my dad’s favorite. Unfortunately, my dad just had surgery on his rotator cuff so he is down an arm; thus making eating a burger very difficult. We decided to surprise him and my step-mom with sliders! Sliders only require one hand- they were post-surgery friendly.
Servings: 4 (3 sliders per person)
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 small onion
-4 oz. white cap mushrooms
-1/3 c. beer (we used Bud Light)
-1 tbsp. dijon mustard
-2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-1 tbsp. sugar
-salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle olive oil in pan.
- Dice your mushrooms and onions. Place in pan and begin to cook down 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to pan. The sugar will begin to caramelize your onions. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add in dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce. Once incorporated, add in your beer. Cook the alcohol out- about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take pan off heat and allow to cool.
- Once mushrooms and onions have cooled, fold into ground beef.
- Form into 12 one inch thick discs- about the size of your palm.
- In a non-stick pan, cook patties 2 minutes per side.